Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Everyone left early today.

So I was just starting to get overwhelmed by the amount of work that is building up near the end of the semester, and today we just get slammed! It was a cold walk to class today but I decided that because it has been so long since we have had a normal class, I would only bring only my drawing stuff, and leave my clay stuff at home. This was the wrong choice. When I got to class it was immediately announced that we would be working on our mannequins, after some lecture on the shoulder. Then it took about an hour for Amy to dish out the latest muscles that we had to sculpt.

This was daunting because there are about a billion muscles that we have yet to apply. On the other hand, we get more time for our inked shell drawing, and we have 2 weeks to do this sculpting.

Well after all of this we had the rest of the time to work on the muscles. Because no one knew that we were going to be working on them, pretty much everyone left.

I left to get my mannequin, and drop off my drawing business. When I got back only a few people were still there, and we had only about an hour to work now. Amy was kind enough to critique our sculpt jobs thus far, which was helpful. A few of my muscles were to small, and a few of them were not going in the right place. Then I went back to my small work station, and got through two whole muscles before class time was up and I had to move on, how frustrating.

I think that it would have been nice if we could get a quick email before class telling us what to expect, and what to bring.

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling overwhelmed as well, but doesn't that always happen at the end of the semester? I would enjoy an email being sent out as well as when we can be excused, I never know when people are allowed to leave. Oh well, only a couple more weeks of dealing with the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think anyone was prepared, but that is how it goes sometimes. I think the work load is manageable if you can do a little everyday. Leaving all this til the night before would be about the most miserable decision ever. The nice thing is that we are pretty much set for finals week after all this! Just a couple of touchups, some uploading and BAM! FINISHED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this day! I felt the same way!

    ReplyDelete